I got back from Comic-Con last Monday! I finally caught all my sites up on all latest stuff while I was down in San Diego. I did not get a chance to blog on here because the internet at the hotel sucked and I never got managed to have enough online time to post. So instead of blogging about each of my days, I have decided to recap on stuff I did each day and all my highlighted moments! I was not able to attend everything I wanted but I am glad I did managed to attend some I wanted to. I was overall happy of what I saw and went to. Definitely, enjoyed this year’s Comic Con experience than last year’s. I am glad last year I only attended two days and that this year was not my first time!
Important stuff I learned about myself during Comic-Con:
– That is true. I just have better chances in meeting male celebrities than female celebrities.
– That I need to have some sort of internet on me. (One of the reasons having a blackberry sucks when you are not on a domestic trip = Can’t use twitter or internet on blackberry)
– That I do have a good eye for recognizing celebrities!
– That there is no real point in scheduling my plans. I end up changing it (My schedule before Comic-Con)
– Being “Canadian” gets the best of me aka I am too “nice”.
Day 1 of relaxing day in San Diego!
– Getting lost trying to meet Sara at the airport! (She was in a different terminal)
– Grocery shopping at Ralph’s.
– Swimming at our hotel’s outdoor pool
– Spotted Morgan Spurlock (Supersize Me) with son while swimming
– Hotel reunion with roomies (Sara, Carrie, Tina & Felicia) and dinner!
Day 2 of relaxing day before Comic-Con. (No preview pass). Location scouting 😉
– Look for Extra at Comic-Con stage.
– Picked up my San Diego badge at Country and Hotel Inn. (Lucky to have arrived early. No line ups to get badge but line up to head back! Traffic jams/accidents)
– Getting lost and confused in Westfield Horton Plaza!
– Found United Artists (Hit and Run screening for tomorrow!)
– No plans for San Diego Zoo. (Found out the zoo was a lot bigger and did not have time!)
I will have lots of reviews coming soon onto the site that I managed to have up before and during Comic-Con! Stay tune!
First day of Comic-Con. Rooming in Room 6BCDF and Hit and Run screening
– Exhibition Hall
– Failed to figure out autographs.
– Extra at Comic Con: Psych interview (Around 10 people and got amazing pics!)
– Attending following panels in Room 6BCF: Capcorn: Streetfighter 25th Anniversary, Blizzard Entertainment Showcase, Assassin’s Creed III, Fiction of Halo and Nikita
– Hit and Run screening with Q&A with Mari and Dani. (Love winning VIP pass). Met Dax Shepard!
– Line up around 11:30pm for Friday’s panels with Felicia.
2nd day of Comic-Con: Rooming in Ballroom 20.
– Around 2am. Joss Whedon being super cool and taking pics with fans and signing autographs.
– Meeting my wifey, Janelle who randomly found me in the line up!
– Attending the following panels in Ballroom 20: Community, Legend Of Korra, Firefly 10 Year Anniversary, Bones
– Spotted Glee’s Samuel Larsen and Brad Falchuck arriving at Comic-Con.
– Extra at Comic Con: Bones, Children’s Hospital plus Table Reading, The Big Bang Theory, Community
3rd day of Comic-Con. Starring at beautiful Alison Brie, Lizzy Caplan and Martin Starr. Meeting more celebrities.
– Being the first person in line for Room 5AB. For Save The Date which is the 2nd panel.
– Given Save The Date comic in advance since I was the first person in line and mainly there for the panel.
– Freezing while waiting in line in front of Room 5AB. The damn air con!
– Attended panels in Room 5AB: Hot Town: Fairies in the City and Save The Date
– Attended panel in Room 6BCF: A Conversation with Bryan Fuller
– Being in the front row and starring directly at Lizzy Caplan, Alison Brie and Martin Starr!
– Being close to meeting Alison Brie.
– Extra at Comic-Con: Shameless, The Vampire Diaries (Forgot about Fringe but if I did, the following two celeb encounters below would not have occurred)
– Met Ken Marino in front of Comic Con while heading from Extra back to hotel.
– Arrived at hotel and went to Starbucks. While getting the fruit cup, I backed up and stepped on Kyle Newman‘s feet. I didn’t realize who was behind me or that it was him until we were waiting for our coffee and then I realized. (I didn’t say hi or anything because I was too embarrassed but he knows since I tweeted him about it and told me next time I must say hi. lol. View the tweet.)
– Went to signing and met Michael McMillian again where Tina told him I ran 30 sites. I will never forget his reaction and what he said lol)
– Attended War Of The Worlds: Goliath with Q&A with Tina. (I was her plus one for VIP)
– Slam Con. (Brea Grant is busy as a bee. Didn’t meet her but saw her :))
– Spotted. Jamie Kennedy leaving hotel.
Day 4. Last day of Comic-Con.
– Check out Nerd HQ and Exhibition Hall with Felcia.
– Attended Room 6BCF panels: DC Nation Screening and Q&A, Buffy Turns 20
– Thanks to following Sara, Met Chad Michael Murray while at Arcadia booth. Bought Everlast and talked to him. (Several pics with Chad because the chick who took the pics kinda went paparazzi) – Younger fan girl self came back! (Huge CMM and OTH fan back in the day)
– Spotted. Kyle Newman and Jaime King in a hurry at the hotel.
– Heroes Return to Primatech Meet-Up
Overall, I was happy with my experience this year at Comic-Con. It was way better last year. If only I had a clone of myself and could have attended everything I wanted too. I really do love or watch too much stuff.
What I missed and wished I could have attended:
After screening – If it was possible on Thursday after Hit and Run, I would have gone. Also who know where I would be in the Comic Con lineup for Ballroom 20 if I was able to attend.
Nerd HQ – I was hoping to attend again but the panels I wanted to see were either sold out or were on sale when I was not online.
Hall H – Somehow I managed to avoid Hall H this year. So I missed a bunch of movie panels. If only it was possible to have seen Anna’s ParaNorman panel and Joe’s Looper panel on Friday. I may have been able to make it for Looper but decided not to take the chance. Same with Saturday with Iron Man 3.
True Blood – Maybe if I tried on Saturday after Save The Date, it may have been possible to get in but I would not have met Ken and stepped on Kyle Newman’s feet if I did try for it.
Pics I have taken at Comic-Con will be on my sites soon. The ones I have taken at Extra I have given or will be giving them to my friends for their sites! So stay tune! I will have a bunch of reviews to come! Along with a picspam of all my pics with celebs during Comic-Con but you can find them as twitpics on my twitter @syellefan88.